Bella and I are a member of a meetup for dogs. Of course, we only recently joined and today went to our third meetup. It was a dog park/beach near me. I don't normally go there because only 2 sides of the beach are fenced. The back is just a grass or wooded field. Bella generally stays close, but like many hounds sometimes her nose takes over her brain.
There was already someone there when we showed up. I put Bella on her long training lead and she had the usual introductions. She seemed to be having a good time...she went right down to the water and commenced rolling in decaying seaweed. Yep, I made sure to tell her right then that she would be getting a bath today. She either didn't hear me or chose to ignore me (knowing her, probably the latter).
She seemed really playful and the other dogs were really liking her. The lead kept tripping her and everyone else so I finally took the leap and let her lose. Oh my goodness! She was sprinting up and down the beach, splashing in the water, and running with the other dogs. She was having a blast!
There were a couple times she ran up in the woods. The first time I could hear her tags jingling as she tracked something and I just kept calling her a few seconds. She finally came out. The second time she went in, I leashed her and took her back down to the beach. Once she got excited about playing with the dogs again I turned her lose.
At the dog wash I discovered a tick! Yuck. It had been there almost 2 weeks I think since we had went traipsing through the woods. Poor girl.
She came home and collapsed in her crate for a long nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment